At CES 2015 in Las Vegas, VESA will feature multiple demonstrations that illustrate the power and flexibility of DisplayPort and related standards. These include:
- USB Type-C– The ability to send DisplayPort, super-speed USB, and charging power through a single USB Type-C connector and cable will be on display. DisplayPort Alt Mode, developed jointly between VESA and USB, enables the highest display performance available, combined with the USB Type-C connector’s high-speed data transfer and power delivery functions.
- Large-screen Gaming– The unsurpassed visual experience offered by DisplayPort will be on display; using a 4K at 60Hz display can also enable low latency.
- AdaptiveSync– VESA’s new Adaptive-Sync addition to DisplayPort enhances gaming action through active frame rate control while also reducing system power and extending battery life.
- 5K Display– The latest DisplayPort v1.3 standard can enable 5K at 60Hz displays through a single cable without the use of compression.
- Display Stream Compression– Compressed vs. uncompressed video demonstrated side-by-side will showcase the visually lossless performance of this new standard that enables resolution beyond what is possible today.
- The Flexibility of DisplayPort– VESA will be demonstration multi-display capability, and the ability of DisplayPort to support protocol adaptors to support other display interfaces.
Visit DisplayPort at CES 2015: LVCC South Hall 1 Booth 20624
Social Media Pages
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/VESADisplayPort?feature=mhum
Bill Lempesis, VESA Executive Director
Direct: +1 (510) 651.5122